GOAT CHEESE SERVING SUGGESTIONS
- Always serve goat cheese at room temperature. Bring it out of the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving if possible.
- Remember, goat cheese is great at almost any time of day and goes well in so many recipes, making the simplest foods spectacular.
GOAT CHEESE STORAGE & HANDLING
- Unpack your goat cheese and refrigerate immediately until ready to serve.
- Goat cheese can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks. Fresh spreadable goat cheese and logs freeze for 2 to 3 months if sealed tightly.
- When goat cheese begins to age you can lengthen its shelf life by placing it in a small bowl and covering it with a few tablespoons of olive oil. The oil will keep it moist and fresh as well as, add an interesting flavor to the cheese.
- Goat cheese prefers a medium-cold, and relatively humid home so it is best to store it in the vegetable crisper area of the refrigerator.